- Days: 3/4 days per week
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Contract length: Permanent
- Location: Hybrid. London office and home based. Occasional travel (within the UK and possibly abroad) may be required for the role.
- Reporting to: CEO
About Medical Aid Films
Medical Aid Films is an award winning, international non-for-profit who create quality media and communication that helps disadvantaged communities and health workers enhance health and wellbeing. We bring together health experts with creative content makers to create engaging, accessible digital content, empowering health workers and communities with vital knowledge and skills.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced fundraiser, whose main focus will be to seize new funding opportunities and drive income growth from partners, trusts/foundations, institutional and major donors, corporate and individual donors, in line with the agreed Fundraising Strategy, operational plan and KPIs.
- Manage and nurture existing relationships with funders: partners, trusts/foundations and institutional donors, and actively grow new opportunities for longer term multi-year funding.
- Work proactively to build new funding partnerships with NGOs and private sector organisations, including technology companies, identify those that have an interest in funding media or joining consortia.
- Build our grants programme, identifying and researching new funding opportunities from trusts/foundations, institutional donors.
- Work collaboratively with other team members to lead, develop and write, high quality, successful funding proposals.
- Create and maintain a calendar of opportunities for the year. Deliver to these deadlines.
- Proactively build consortia and project manage bids to secure programme funding, ensuring effective budgets and follow up.
- Maintain and develop Medical Aid Films’ case for support for fundraising and develop funding for our thematic priorities.
- Update and manage the fundraising pipeline and lead weekly meetings.
- Work with our Digital Communications Manager to support digital fundraising initiatives and the development of our regular donors.
- Work with our Assistant to ensure the accurate recording of all fundraising activities on our Salesforce database, and reporting against agreed KPIs, with effective and efficient follow up.
- Support the Head of Production and Operations in managing donations and payments, Gift Aid submissions, and other financial admin as required.
- Provide the CEO with Quarterly reports on operational plans and KPIs, and contribute to the organisation’s annual audit.
- Line manage any volunteer support as required.
- Contribute to the overall work of the organisation through team meetings, away days, screenings, events and major donor fundraising events.
- A proven track record in voluntary sector fundraising at with experience of achieving six-figure grants.
- Experience of working in International Development with knowledge and interest in global health priorities.
- A strong track record stewarding key strategic relationships and developing funding partnerships.
- Expertise in developing and writing high-level, quality proposals that articulate a compelling case for support and are successful in securing funding.
- Experience of working in consortia to build bids, either as lead or sub applicant.
- Experience of leading bids to successful completion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including excellent presentation skills.
- Experience of using Salesforce as a CRM.
- A target oriented self-starter who would thrive in a small organisation with many competing priorities.
- Well-organised, with excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise workload, able to deal with conflicting demands and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent IT skills, including MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint and using fundraising databases for recording and reporting data.
- Energetic and adaptable, willing to learn, and prepared to undertake non-core tasks as part of a small team.
- Excellent team player, with a positive, solution-focused approach.
- A can do attitude, driven by the desire to raise funding.
- Passion for, and interest in the power of media to make a difference.
If you think you’re right for the job, please send your CV and a cover letter (no more than 1 page) highlighting why you think you’d be suitable for the role and why you want to work with us to MAFHR@medicalaidfilms.org
The interview process will consist of the 2 stages, candidates short-listed to stage 2 will be asked to complete a task.
This application process will remain open until we find the right candidate.
At Medical Aid films, we are committed to a recruitment process which is as fair and inclusive as possible. We want every member of the team, including our volunteers to feel they can be their authentic self at work, with individual differences and perspectives being both valued and celebrated.
We are committed to inclusivity, diversity and equality and offer equal opportunities to all applicants regardless of age, race, disability, gender identity, national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, or anything else that makes the applicant unique!
MAF can only reply to those who are successful. We thank you for your understanding.
By submitting your CV, you are consenting for MAF to keep your CV on file for future positions which may be suitable. If you do not want us to keep your CV on file, please email MAFHR@medicalaidfilms.org
Volunteers and Interns
We are always on the lookout for passionate and motivated individuals to help us create positive change through film. If this sounds like you, please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com and one of our team will get back to you shortly.