Medical Aid Films partnered with VSO (Voluntary Service Overseas) last month to deliver a well attended event on the importance of engaging men in women’s health projects.
Our Head of Evaluation and Learning, Helen Coombe presented on our soon to be published research, discussing men’s engagement and the impact of educational film on maternal and child health Zambia.
She was joined by activist Reverend George Buannie, who delivered a keynote speech on male engagement and “Husband Schools” in Sierra Leone.
You can watch or download Reverend George Buannie’s speech and presentation here.
Many thanks to Baroness Liz Barker who opened and chaired the event, and to our expert panel for an engaging and informative discussion. The panellists were:
– Nikki van der Gaag from Promundo
– Tim Shand, a researcher at UCL’s Institute for Global Health
– Clive Ingleby, Global Health Lead at VSO
– Sarah Jeffrey, Head of Health at Vitol Foundation
– Reverend George Buannie, Fambul Initiative Network for Equality